At Alchemy Orthotics & Prosthetics, the services we provide are from start to finish. We take pride in
offering ongoing treatment and information to our patients that help them live life to the fullest! We
treat many types of people with the need for Orthoses and/or Prostheses. Your doctor may refer you to
Alchemy if you have any of the following:
• Abnormal Gait
• Deformities that need braces (such as knee braces, hip braces, or a scoliosis brace)
• Cranial Deformities
Once the residual limb is sound, your doctor may refer you to our clinic. We have locations in both Anchorage and Fairbanks. We step in to help by getting the limb prepared for the prosthetic device as well as fitting the limb to the prosthetic.
How do we do this?
1. We assess patients with impairment of human movement that impedes their ability to participate in
daily activities. This helps us determine what type of functional intervention may be necessary. It may be
that you need a prosthetic limb, or maybe orthotic inserts, or something else entirely. We are here to
help you get back to the activities that matter the most to you!
2. We formulate treatment plans for our patients based on our ongoing assessments. Our goal is to
design Orthotics and Prosthetics to alleviate limitations and enhance function so you can get back to
living your life.
3. We implement our treatment plan and fabricate all orthotics and prosthetics in-house so that they
are 100% customized to YOU.
4. We use follow-up treatment plans to ensure a successful orthotic and/or prosthetic outcome. Our
patients’ health and quality of life is important to us, and we want to make sure that your treatment is
customized to every part of your life.
We are also networked with physical therapists to help after you’ve been fitted for an orthotic.
We challenge you to find a “funner” exam room than the superhero room in our Anchorage office!!
Posted by Alchemy Orthotics & Prosthetics on Tuesday, March 7, 2017